Risk Analyst I/II
- Supports the market, credit, enterprise risk management and insurance functions of the Company.
- Works closely with others in the department to advance and support ALLETE’s strategy, analyze risks and related mitigation, and enhance the risk communications with senior management at the Board.
- Collaborates with Finance, Legal, Accounting, and Internal Audit to proactively identify and mitigate financial and strategic risks.
- Participates, as appropriate, in project due diligence and integration, enterprise risk assessments and insurance program management.
- Develops and documents risk models, modeling assumptions, appropriate scenarios and stress tests, and other metrics defined in ALLETE’s risk appetite criteria.
- Assists with reviewing and negotiating contract terms
- Nature of work is complex and effective performance is required as work products are used by management in making decisions which impact company stakeholders.
- High degree of initiative to complete assigned duties is required, as well as a high level of organizational skills and the ability to perform duties under time constraints.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Preferred focus in risk management, finance, accounting, business administration, mathematics, or economics
Risk Analyst I
- No experience required
Risk Analyst II
- Four years or more directly related work experience required
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills required to establish and maintain productive internal and external relationships.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.