Advanced Apprentice Fleet Maintenance Technician
This applicant pool may be used to fill additional openings within 90 days of the posting close date.
Minnesota Power has an immediate opening for a Fleet Maintenance Technician in Duluth. This is a great opportunity to utilize your strengths and experience as a maintenance technician to support the entire operations team at Minnesota Power. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of equipment including Electric Vehicles, Light Trucks, Bucket Trucks, Backhoes, Track Vehicles, Power Sports, and more. Minnesota Power is a company with a rich, century long record of being active in the communities we serve. If you are energetic, work well on a team, and meet the requirements listed below, we are looking for you.
- Maintain and repair equipment to operate safely and within manufacturer's specifications in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Compliance with applicable federal, state and MP rules, laws, and regulations
- Effective communication required to establish and maintain positive working relationships
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two years vocational school certificate in automotive repair, heavy truck repair, heavy equipment repair, marine and small engine, or equivalent education AND three years of directly related experience required
- Five years of directly related experience required
- Experience preferred in any or all of following areas:
- Automotive Repair
- Electric Vehicle Repair
- Medium and Heavy Duty Vehicle / Diesel Repair
- Power Operated Equipment Repair
- Boom Repair
- Small Engine/Powersports Repair
- Mobile Hydraulics Repair
- Welding and Fabrication
- Proficiency preferred with the following technologies and computer systems:
- Automotive scan tools
- Hybrid/EV high voltage systems
- Online service manual databases
- Vehicle communication systems: ex: CAN,LIN, FlexRay, MOST, etc.
- Accessing Wi-Fi and cellular networks from laptops and tablets
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to successfully complete a four year apprenticeship training which includes knowledge and documented training on hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical systems on all types of company owned vehicles and equipment from small engines to Class 8 vehicles
- Must be able to obtain within 90 days of start date
- Class A CDL (Commercial Driver's License) with a medical card certificate
- D.O.T. Vehicle Inspector certificate
- Air conditioning repair certificate
- Forklift operator certificate
- Must provide initial set of tools
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.