Chemistry Research Support
Apply Now! Applications Reviewed Daily.
The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Chemistry Research Support with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Salary: $22.63 per hour.
Travel: Travel is not required for this position.
- Demonstrated education and/or experience in quantitative analytical chemistry, including at least one of the following instrumentation: LC\MS, GC\MS, and at least one of the following sample extraction techniques: SPE, LLE and LSE and
- Strong written, oral, and electronic communication skills using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Be at least 18 years of age and
- Have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree in the fields of Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Sciences, or related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
What the EPA project is about
The Center for Environmental Solutions and Emergency Response (CESER) conducts applied stakeholder-driven research and provides responsive technical support to help solve the Nation’s environmental challenges. Within CESER, the Land Remediation and Technology Division (LRTD) focuses on issues related to contaminated soils, sediments, and related environmental media to better understand the fate and transport of those contaminants in the environment, and to develop new and innovative treatment technologies.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Bachelor’s graduate to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Providing research laboratory support;
- Assisting in the development of new analytical chemistry procedures;
- Participating as a member of a multi-disciplinary research team; and
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email Elyse.Morrow@ORAU.org