Metrology Lab Technician Part-Time
The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a Part-time contractor position; Student Metrology Lab Technician with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Cincinnati, OH.
Salary: $17.36 per hour.
Travel: Occasional local travel to other EPA laboratory facilities may be necessary. No overnight travel is not anticipated
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience in administration support functions (i.e., recordkeeping, filing) and managing electronic and hardcopy records and/or databases.
- Strong communication skills (i.e., written, oral, telephone etiquette, presentation abilities), including effective multi-media technical communications.
- Strong organizational skills, including demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments with competing deadlines.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Work Experience, and Education
· Experience with Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, OneNote, and desktop publishing applications such as Visio.
· Be at least 18 years of age and
· Have earned at least a One (1) year of college education in a physical science such as biology, molecular biology, toxicology, chemistry, engineering or a closely related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
· Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
What the EPA project is about
The Office of Research and Development (ORD), Center for Environmental Solutions and Emergency Response (CESER) is a scientific organization responsible for carrying out EPA’s mission to protect human health and the environment by conducting applied, customer-driven research to improve decision making by EPA, federal, state, tribal and local agencies, when faced with challenging environmental problems in the built environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for an undergraduate student to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Performing annual calibrations;
- Preparing metrology lab instrumentation and taking control charting readings prior to use each day;
- Providing general maintenance; and
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email DeAnna.Copeland@ORAU.org