Sol Systems is seeking an Accountant to join our team at Sol Systems. If you looking to grow quickly, take on more responsibility as you improve your accounting and business skills, consider joining the Sol Systems team. In this role, you will work closely with Sol Systems’ Senior Accountant to support our accounting, tax, and financial reporting functions, all of which are integral parts of Sol Systems’ success. A successful candidate must demonstrate attention to detail and have excellent accounting and record-keeping skills.
Sol Systems is a solar energy project development and financial services company with a national footprint and a diverse customer, investor, and partner base. We have financed or developed over $2 billion of solar energy assets to date. As a leading renewable energy developer, financier, trader and operator, Sol empowers entrepreneurs to have a meaningful impact on the world with a focus on catalyzing the development and operation of sustainable infrastructure.
The Accountant will be responsible for:
- Day-to-day accounts payable responsibilities, including:
- tracking approvals of invoices and payment requests, including coding and entering related transactions in the accounts payable sub-ledger;
- Initiating timely payments, including electronic funds transfers and checks.
- Vendor set-up and management, including 1099 compliance.
- Day-to-day accounts receivable responsibilities, including preparation of invoices and management of collections for both third party and intercompany customers.
- Management of employee expense reporting, including ensuring compliance of expense reports with company policy and recording these transactions in the general ledger.
- Periodic reporting and analysis, including AP and AR Aging.
- Supporting implementation of system automation initiatives
- Effectively managing relationships with vendors, customers, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Implementing good internal controls and maintaining compliance with company procurement and accounting policies where applicable.
- Support periodic special projects.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 0-3+ years related experience in bookkeeping and corporate accounting
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with ERP Accounting software expected, NetSuite preferred
- Deadline oriented
- Highly energetic and willing to learn new tasks quickly
- Hard-working and able to prioritize a large task load in a fast-paced environment
- Self-Starter, hands-on, with careful attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Commitment & Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Sol Systems provides health insurance, retirement benefits, partial gym reimbursement, education benefits, parental leave, paid vacation, sick and federal holidays, and the opportunity to work in a unique and dynamic environment.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applicants that are missing items from this list will not be considered.
Sol Systems is an equal-opportunity employer, and does not discriminate based on gender, race, ethnicity, orientation, creed, or other trait. Sol Systems supports and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.